Thursday, September 11, 2014


September 11, 2014

This I Believe Essay-

I believe in family, I was blessed to have a younger brother and sister. Two amazing parents who supported, and loved me unconditionally. My parents taught me how to be kind, respectful, and considerate of others. As a family, we attended church together on Sundays, a place where I was introduced to God’s enduring love and compassion towards all humanity.

I believe in working hard, getting the job done to the best of my ability. A characteristic that was instilled in me by watching my father as I was growing up. My dad is a hard working man who pays close attention to detail, he strives for perfection and encouraged my siblings and I to do the same.  I believe as a firefighter/EMT I have been given an incredible opportunity to serve, protect, and care for my family, neighbors, friends, and citizens in my community both on and off duty.

I believe mankind should be respectful and compassionate to everyone despite race, religion, or nationality. I disagree with men and nations rising up against each other over opposing views or religious beliefs. Who’s to say, a particular religion or faith is better than another religion or faith. I believe everyone is entitled to choose what he or she believes to be true, and not be persecuted for their beliefs.

I understand, people being passionate and strong willed over their political views and moral principles. But, when their conventions consumers their very being they lose sight of what’s important in life such as peace and harmony. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment