Thursday, September 11, 2014

Puppy love


September 11, 2014

Puppy love,

Puppies. What is it about those cute, lovable balls of fur that melts a person’s heart? Is it their little black nose, or uncontrollably wagging tail? For me it’s the pure pleasure of watching each one of those lovable, sometimes ornery, puppies chasing their own tails or chewing on my shoe strings.

 
Over the years I have had several different breeds of puppies in my home. Currently, I have two dogs a Chihuahua named Roscoe and an American Eskimo named Jasmine. I have had them for about 3 three years. As of six weeks ago, I now have a black and two white Chimo puppies. What breed of dog is that you may ask? Well, Chimos are a mix between an American Eskimo and a Chihuahua. A true designer breed. I didn’t believe it either until I read about them on the internet. They are the cutest little pups, each with his and her own quirky personality.
 

 Presently, I have a puppy sleeping on my chest, which is making it difficult to type. That’s ok. I don’t have the heart to wake him. The other two are playfully chasing each other around the room. Some time tonight I need to give them a bath, that should be fun, or not.

In the next few days I will have to find good homes for them. That will be a total bummer, as I have already become attached to them.  With my job I’m gone from home for 24 hours sometimes 36 hours at a time, every third day. That makes it difficult to potty train and care for puppies. I will be keeping one of the puppies though. The black puppy, I believe, is the cutest puppy I have ever seen. He will be staying with my son while I’m at work.

1 comment:

  1. Fun post - there are many things about puppies I adore, but a few elements of puppy raising I don't like so much. :) Have fun. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete