Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kayaking

September 20, 2014

What an amazing day, my best friend and I went kayaking on Springfield Lake. It was awesome! The weather was perfect. As we were floating down stream, I noticed how the trees we’re starting to turn colors. This reminded me that summer was coming to an end, and fall was quickly approaching. I noticed turkeys, squires’ and other wild life enjoying the warm late summer day.  As we effortlessly, floated along downstream for nearly 3 hours, we finally decide it was time to return. While rowing back up stream, I thought about the nursery rhyme “Row row, row your boat gently down the stream”. I realized that no where in that rhyme, does it say anything about rowing back up the stream. The trip back up stream was definitely an upper body work out that I’m sure to feel for the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to enjoy Summer one last time before Fall arrives. I wish I could of enjoyed Summer, but my fiancee hates anything to do with water or Summer period. I enjoyed this post, because it was so vivid. I imagined myself on the lake kayaking. I think it's funny that the nursery rhyme, "Row, row, row your boat" came to your mind. Great post! It makes me miss Summer already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girlfriend and I went paddleboating on Pom de Terr lake this summer. Its really cheap and we had a blast. The cool thing about it is in the middle of the lake, there is an island that is uninhabited by anything but wild life. Goose nests, ducks, frogs everywhere! If you ever get a chance, go out there! It was a fun 6 hours on the water, but man it was a workout both ways!

    ReplyDelete