Monday, September 22, 2014

General Impressions / Behavior


September 22, 2014
 General Impressions / Behavior

General impression / behavior, can mean different things to different people.  For me, as an Emergency Medical Tech, I have been trained to recognize physical markers, which may give an indication that a person is feeling ill. Such as: a person’s skin color, lip color, speech, eyes, and even the position he or she is sitting.  Yesterday, my friend and I were shopping at Wal-Mart when we passed an elderly gentlemen sitting on a bench.  What brought my attention to him, was the general impression I received when I saw him. His skin and lips were pail, he had an uneasy expression on his face. I stopped, and asked him if he was feeling okay, he replied, “No, I feel like I am going to pass out”. After the ambulance left, my friend asked “What made you think something was wrong with him?”.  I replied it was my general impression of him and his behavior that caught my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment