Wednesday, September 24, 2014

50

September, 24, 2014
 
50’


My best friend and I decided, several months ago, that it would be fun to hike the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for my 50th birthday. Well, today I turned 50, and this afternoon we took off for the Tulsa International airport were we will fly out Thursday afternoon.  I ‘am not a big fan of flying, but, I ‘am sure after a couple of beverages of chose, I will feel just fine.  As were we’re driving along I started thinking back over the past fifty years, I thought about the different places I have lived such as, Florida (where I was born), California, Washington State, Illinois, Missouri, and 2 years in New Delhi, India.  I thought about the different jobs I’ve worked over the years, from dish washer to firefighter.  I thought about all the friends I have made, and the fun I have had.

Then I realized, I probably don’t have another 50 years left in my life, and I need to start making every minute count. I want to spend as much time as I can enjoying my family, friends, and life. I want to travel as much as financial possible, and stop sweating the small stuff.  I should, probably start eating better and exercising too, but, that doesn’t sound like much fun.  I know one thing for sure, I wouldn’t change one day of the past 50 years and I 'am looking forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment